The World Ornithological Confederation (Confédération Ornithologique Mondiale - COM) is the international organisation that coordinates the principal activities of fanciers associated with the domestic breeding of birds, and of which has to be highlighted the annual organising of THE WORLD BIRD SHOW.
Founded in 1952, it presently has a membership of 40 countries. As COM only accepts one national Organisation per country, the majority of these bring together their different organisations into a national entity of confederational character. In the case of Spain, the member entity is COM-España.
COM is assisted in all matters of technical nature by the International Order of Judges (Ordre Mondial des Juges - OMJ), an institution that is integrated within the COM statutes, and is formed by expert judges of the different member countries. Apart from keeping up to date the different judging standards, it is also responsible for the designation of expert judges for both international and world shows.
In order to make the pertinent authorities aware of our hobby, to facilitate the record keeping and make available to the COM Administrative Committee the current legislation in each country in relation to bird-keeping, the World Ornithological Commission for the Protection of Species (Commission Ornithologique Mondiale pour la Proteccion des Espèces – COMPE) was set up in 1986, and whose members assist in COM congresses as assessors to the Administrative Committee.
1993 saw the creation of the Commission for Ornithologoical Research (Commission de Recherche Ornithologique – CRO), with the aim of updating contacts with the scientific Institutions associated with ornithology.
The COM Administrative Committee is composed of the following members:
- GENERAL PRESIDENT | Mr. Carlos Fernando RAMÔA (POR)
- ASSISTANT GENERAL PRESIDENT | Mr. Bernardino YEVES VALERO (ESP)
- VICEPRESIDENT | Mr. Domenico ROSA (ITA)
- ASSISTANT VICEPRESIDENT | Mr. Slobodan KULIC (SER)
- GENERAL SECRETARY | Ms. Marie-Claire TARNUS (FRA)
- ASSISTANT GENERAL SECRETARY | (Vacant)
- GENERAL TREASURER | Mr. Christian LEMEE (FRA)
The Judge's’ Executive Committee (OMJ-COM) is composed of the following members:
- PRESIDENT | Mr. Roberto ROSSI (ITA)
- VICEPRESIDENT | Mr. Gino CORTESE (ITA)
- SECRETARY | Mr. Alessandro PAPARELLA (ITA)
- MEMBER | Mr. Joris PIETERS (BEL)
- MEMBER | Mr. Alfred SCHILDER (ALE)
- MEMBER | Mr. Jean Pierre ROTZETTER (SUI)
- MEMBER | (Vacant)